It is an easy process to file your own nails. You have no need to visit the salon for this process; just require a nail file and knowledge of using it in a right way. By having this, you can save your time and money. Here are the steps of filing your nails.
Selection of a Nail File
First of all you need to select a nail file. Emery boards are the most common nail files, which are low-priced and simple tools for this process. You can also choose stainless steel files, crystal files and glass files for filing your nails.
Deciding the Shape of Your Nails
Then you need to choose the shape of your nails before starting. The five most common nail forms are: oval, square, squoval, round, and pointed/almond. Then for making your desired form, begin at the edges of your nails and follow the natural curve of your cuticle until you achieve the center of the nail. The differences between the five common nail shapes are
- Oval: The oval shape is a very common nail shape for small, low-protected nails. This form is rounded at the top, making an oval shape for the nail.
- Square: The square nail has a little bit rounded brim that meets two flat ends. It makes a square or a real rectangular look for each nail.
- Squoval: According to its name, this nail shape is not as circular as an oval and is not as straight as a square. The Squoval, ideal for nails with extensive nail beds, is rounded but still preserves a partly square look.
- Round: The round nail is more curled than the oval nail. Its sides are curved and meet at a rounded point.
- Pointed/Almond: This is a tremendous edition of the round nail. A pointed nail has not a level or rounded brim but a point is created after the meet up of his both ends. This makes an impressive look but needs great care.
Wash and Dry Your Hands
Before filing, you need to wash your hands well. Dust particles should not be there on your hands after washing. After that, dry them completely including your nails and fingertips.
Cut Your Nails
This is an optional step; you can file your nails without clipping them. But it will help you in the filing and shaping of nails, particularly when they are really long.
File Your Nails
File from the outer side of the nail in the direction of the center of the nail, going from each end inward, but not going backward and forward. Using the file backward and forward instead of in one way will split and break your nails. Use small onward strokes on each end of the nails.
Buff Your Nails
It is also an optional step, your process of filing nails could be completed without buffing. But it will help you in getting smooth and shiny finish.
Have a Look at Your New Nails
If you have done the process of filing your nails properly, then you should not have damaged or snagged sides. You can check it by moving your nails on a piece of fabric. If your nail snags, file that bit down.
Manicure4u.co.uk is the right place around you which is offering high quality Manicure Sets of ISO standard. This online source is highly trusted since last ten years among people who shop Beauty and Health Care Products through internet. Book your desired product on Manicure4u with great price and save your valuable time. Our products of Emery Boards, Nail Files and Nail Buffers can really help you in filing your nails.