The French manicure is a graceful look that is well-known these days. You can perform it on your own nails by yourself at home. Follow the below steps for doing it:
- First of all wash your hands and get rid of from old nail polish. If you have a polish of light colour then use an acetone-free polish remover and for dark colours, use an acetone remover (acetones can be drying to the nails). An orangewood stick with the end covered in cotton can also be used for the edges after dipping in the nail polish remover.
- Trim your nails straight across. Take hold of a file and use file on your nails in one direction so the sides are a little bit curved. You are trying for a squared oval (squoval) form. Complete the filing process with the fine-grade side.
- If you have a cuticle remover, then apply it on cuticles.
- Put few drops of almond oil in a bowl of warm water for immersing your nails. Dip your hands for five minutes in that bowl of warm water. Pat hands dry.
- Turn some water-moistened cotton onto the end of an orangewood stick. Softly push back your cuticles by using it. Do not trim the cuticles, you can risk nicking the skin (while cutting of cuticles, there is a chance of cutting live skin. If you do so, it is very painful).
- Exfoliate your hands with a body scrub, wash and apply hand lotion. Apply more cuticle lotion to cuticles. Complete this phase by taking a cotton ball saturated with nail polish remover to clean nails once again.
- Start with the pinky finger and apply a skinny base coat to all 10 finger.
- Polish your nails by using an impartial and light colour that suits the natural shade of the nail bed. Leave it for two minutes to dry and then re-apply. Thinner coat is better while painting the nails. Try to clean one side of the brush on the bottle, then use the other side to apply polish on nails. Paint your nails in 3 strokes for getting the best results: Down the center, down one side and then down the other.
- Apply opaque white colour or beige polish on natural white tip of your nail. In conventional France manicures, this white strip is straight across the nail, however, your nails will look longer if you let the polish curve with your natural nail. Keep away from chips by brushing the polish over the edge and covering the polish under the nail.
- Clear any errant polish with an orangewood stick covered in cotton and dampened with polish remover.
- Complete this manicure process with a clear top coat. Leave nails to dry for least twenty minutes.
Manicure is an easy and simple process which you can perform very well at your home, only a little bit attention and quality tools for this process are required. To save your time and money, you can do your attention to this and we give quality tools to you. Yes, we have high quality Manicure Sets with attractive prices at Manicure4u. It is a trusted online source providing beauty and health related products since last ten years. So visit Manicure4u.co.uk and place your order right now.